James Cecil Baird’s entry in the School Admissions BRegister – 280 – James Cecil Baird – Date of birth, 28th November 1897. Date of Admission 12th September 1910. Date of leaving – 2nd November 1912. Day Pupil. Father – Ship Carpenter. Previous school – St. Mark’s C of E Elementery School, Connah’s Quay. Partial exemption granted from September 1910 granted by School Governors. Annual amount £4. Tenable for a ‘year with renewal’. Occupation taken up after leaving school “Clerk in Ironworks”.
James Cecil is also named on the memorial in St Mark’s Church Connah’s Quay and the Connah’s Quay & Shotton War Memorial, please click on the list to read his story.