Thomas Harris was born in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire c.1883 and was possibly the only child of Henry Thomas Harris and Elizabeth (Harwick). They were living at 12, Bell Street, Wolverhampton in the 1891 census but Mr and Mrs Harris could not be traced after that.
Mr Harris was born in Greenhall, Shropshire c.1860 and was a brewer’s drayman.
Mrs Harris was born in Wolverhampton in c.1861. She was a huckster, who is one who sells wares or provisions in the street; a peddler or hawker.
In the 1911 census Thomas was a lodger at 33, Chapel Street, Flint, the residence of Edward and Harriet R Beck. He was a bachelor and had gained employment as a furnace man at a Galvanized Sheet Works, which was probably the Hawarden Bridge Ironworks, Shotton.
Thomas enlisted in Shotton and landed at Boulogne, France on 19th July, 1915. He was killed in action on 12th May, 1917 and buried in the Vlamertinghe Military Cemetery, Belgium (Plot V, Row M, Grave 3).
He is remembered on the St Mary’s Parish Church war memorial, Flint and was awarded the 1914–15 Star, British War Medal and Victory Medal.