William Henry Davies was born during 1888 in Birkenhead, Cheshire. His parents were John Henry Davies and Maria Louisa Davies.
He married Emma Davies and they lived at ‘Arnside’, 6 Osborne Grove, Rhyl, Flintshire. He was employed locally as a Grocer’s Assistant.
On 1 June 1916 William enlisted at the Recruitment Centre, Wrexham with The Army Service Corps as Private No. 50620 and later transferred to the 1st Battalion Monmouthshire Regiment.
He is also remembered on a Remembrance plaque at The Royal Alexandra Hospital, Marine Drive, Rhyl, Flintshire and The North Wales Heroes Memorial Arch, Deiniol Road, Bangor, North Wales.
There is a Flintshire Roll of Honour Card for him at the County Archives Office, Hawarden which was completed by Emma Davies on 23 September 1919.