John Parry was baptised at St Stephen’s Church on 18th March 1887.
Private Parry entered France on 2nd February 1915. Private Parry was an ex regular soldier who irronically returned to the colours from the Army Reserve (Special Reservists) for one year’s service, having previously served in the 1st Battalion Royal Welch Fusilliers. Private Parry signed his Oath on 17th November 1914, he was 36 years and 10 months old, describing his occupation as being a labourer. He stated he was living at 47, Bank Place, Vale Street, Denbigh. Private Parry was born about 1878, in Bodfari. He had married Elizabeth Jane Bassett, at St Asaph Register Office on 19th October 1912 and they had a daughter called Jane Ellen Parry.
He was killed in The Spring Offensive of 1915.
The Memorial at Le Touret, is a World War One Memorial and lists 13,389 names of British and Commonwealth Soldiers with no known grave who were killed in the area prior to the Battle of Loos on 25th September 1915. The memorial was designed by J R Truelove and was unveiled on 22nd March 1930 by Lord Tyrell, who was the British Ambassdor to France.